- Separate the tentacles from the body being careful not to exert pressure on the eyes to avoid the ink sac from rupturing.
- Then pull out the transparent cartilage that can be felt with your fingers.
- Remove the innards from the body, then rinse the squid under running water while removing the outer skin. - Remove the beak by pressing the center of the tentacles.
- Then, place the squid in a bowl of water to ink stains while you remove the eyes.
- Rinse the squid and then use them in your favorite recipe.
To clean the shrimp
- If you want to peel the shrimp, first remove its legs, then open it up being careful not to damage the shrimp while you remove the shell.
- Make a long incision along the spine of the shrimp and remove the vein.
- If you prefer to cook the shrimp with the shell on, simply make the incision along the spine of the shrimp and, with a toothpick, remove the vein.
- Then use the shrimp in the recipe of your choice.