Pepper salt vinegar Academia Barilla Riviera Ligure Olive Oil
An emulsion is a mixture of two otherwise un-mixable liquids. This technique is used to make sauces like mayonnaise and salad dressings.
- Dissolve a pinch of salt and pepper in a little white wine vinegar.
- Add the olive oil, maintaining a 2/3 oil and 1/3 vinegar proportion.
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together until emulsifies and uniform.
- While preparing a classic vinaigrette, add 2 tablespoons of mustard to the other ingredients before mixing everything together using an immersion blender.
- Dissolve a pinch of salt in grapefruit juice and transfer into a squeeze bottle.
- Add the olive oil until you have 2/3 oil and 1/3 grapefruit juice.
- Shake the bottle to emulsify the ingredients.