Angel Hair pasta, also known as Capellini, or "fine hair," is the perfect choice when you want to pair a light, refined sauce with a delicate cut of pasta.
Angel Hair's fine strands of golden, nutty pasta are a traditional favorite, and can be found on the tables of family dining rooms and small trattorie across Italy, where they are dressed with the best of the local flavors: fresh shrimp and vegetables in Naples, rich basil pesto in Liguria, or creamy asparagus sauce in Venice.
Balance the delicacy of Angel Hair with light, structured sauces. Try Angel Hair in simple light tomato sauces, broths, consommés, and soups, or in light dairy sauces like parsley crème.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.
Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil creata daGarbia