Fettuccine Rigate, or “ridged little ribbons”, is an American innovation, with the elegance of its sister-shape, Fettuccine, but is graced by ridges on both sides.
The end-to-end ridges on Fettuccine Rigate accent the hearty, nutty flavor of the pasta, even as they capture every drop of sauce it’s paired with – bringing to every forkful a delightful texture that will surprise and excite your palate. Barilla Fettuccine Rigate is the perfect shape for your pasta dish when you’re looking for a classic cut with a fun, contemporary edge.
The thickness of fettuccine means it can withstand extremely robust sauces. Try it with dairy-based, oil-based, or tomato-based sauces, and with sauces combined with meat, vegetables, seafood, or cheese.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.