This petal shaped pasta is named from the word Fiorire, meaning to blossom or to flower. Fiori's unique shape, with six petal shapes surrounding the center, adds both visual interest as well as a distinctive mouth feel.
From the hills of Tuscany, to the cobblestone streets of Rome, colorful, fragrant flowers seem to grace every corner of Italy. Now Barilla brings the freshness of Italy's fiori to your pasta meals with Barilla Fiori. Try Fiori in pasta salad, tossed with a creamy cheese sauce or bathed it in a classic tomato sauce.
Fiori is complemented elegantly by hearty dairy-based sauces like cheese or béchamel, vegetable sauces like beans, lentils, chickpeas, pumpkin, or other chunky vegetables. It also goes well with meat sauces, fish-based sauces, or robust tomato-based sauces.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.