Jumbo Shells are a large, graceful, concave shape inspired by the shape of sea shells. This enchanting shape envelops the flavorful stuffing used to fill the shells.
Stuffed shells are traditionally found in the South of Italy, where stuffed pasta dishes are frequently prepared. A harmony of colors and tastes are brought to life by this innovative stuffed shell. Jumbo Shells provide the molding for a perfect baked pasta dish.
Jumbo Shells are known for their generous consistency and heartiness, making them perfect for robust and highly flavorful sauces and the most sumptuous and creative fillings. Sauces can be chunky and abundant with moisture to facilitate oven-baking. Try Jumbo Shells with meat-based sauces like traditional Bolognese, dairy-based sauces like a classic béchamel, or vegetable-based sauces.
01. Use a large pot. Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to taste, if desired.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return water to a boil. Boil uncovered for 12 - 13 minutes.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Fill shells according to desired recipe.