Rotini means "twists" and are two-inch lengths of thick screw-like pasta from Northern Italy. The shape was inspired by children, since it is fun to eat and pairs well with a wide variety of sauces.
The twists of Rotini allow the pasta to hold more sauce. They may be enjoyed with your favorite pasta salad dishes or paired with tasty tomato-based sauces.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.