A colorful version of a pasta salad favorite, Tri-Color Penne combines our semolina with delicious spinach and tomato pasta. Penne, which means "pen" in Italian, gets its name from its shape. Their tube-shape with angled ends was inspired by the quill of an old style ink pen.
The large diameter and ridges of Penne make it ideal for retaining sauces, inside and out.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.