Ziti, the ever-popular tube-shaped pasta, gets its name from the word “zita”, or bride. In Naples, Ziti is the classic pasta served for weddings as the “zita’s pasta.”
In Campania and Sicily, baked Ziti has long been served at wedding celebration banquets, and this delicious, romantic tradition continues today.
Try Ziti with fresh, light sauces – like olive oil or a simple fresh tomato sauce. Ziti is also great for baked casserole dishes, known as "pasta al forno", which are delicious with cheese-based sauces.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.
Baked Cannelloni with Veal and Spinach creata daGarbia