Erbazzone (Spinach Pie)di Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
Swiss chard leaves
2. Set aside to cool
3. Heat butter in a pan over medium heat and sauté chopped lardo and onion
4. Add garlic clove and cook for 5 more minutes
5. Mix spinach or chard leaves with grated Parmigiano Reggiano, olive oil, cooked onions, salt and black pepper
6. On a work surface, knead flour, lard (or butter), a pinch of salt and warm water until smooth
7. Cover and set aside to rest for about 20 minutes
8. Cut in half and roll out two rounds with a rolling pin
9. Press one round into a buttered baking dish and spoon in spinach filling up to about 3/4 inch
10. Loosely cover with the second sheet of dough, leaving a few folds
11. Crimp edges and prick surface with a fork
12. Cook in a preheated 350°F oven until the dough is golden brown
13. Serve hot or warm