Fava Beans and Guanciale Flandi Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
|ORIGINAL INGREDIENT||ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT||QUANTITY|
|Guanciale||Pancetta||3 ½ ounces|
2. Drop them into boiling water for 30 seconds (this will aid in removing the skin)
3. Cool, then peel and seed them
4. Julienne and toss with extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic, marjoram and pepper
5. Set aside
6. Peel and boil fava beans for about 3 minutes in salted water
7. Process in a blender with ricotta
8. Add whole eggs, cream, whole mint leaves and process until smooth
9. Oil individual ramekins and fill by 3/4 with the mixture
10. Place ramekins into a baking dish with about 1 inch of water (bain marie)
11. Cook in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25 minutes
12. Serve with slivers of Pecorino cheese, 2 slices of guanciale and tomatoes