Fried Eggplant Sandwichesdi Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
|ORIGINAL INGREDIENT||ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT||QUANTITY|
|Anchovies in olive oil||Anchovies in salt||3 1/2 ounces|
2. Generously sprinkle with salt and set aside to drain for about one hour
3. Slice the Pecorino, chop salt-packed anchovies (rinsed and boned) and mince basil
4. Dry eggplant slices using a dish towel or paper towel
5. Top half the slices with Pecorino, anchovies and basil, then cover with remaining eggplant slices
6. Dip eggplant sandwiches in beaten egg
7. In a large pan, heat frying oil over medium heat, (check oil temperature by adding a few drops of beaten egg) then deep-fry sandwiches, carefully turning them once, until evenly brown
8. Serve hot