Sicilian-style Stuffed Peppersdi Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
|ORIGINAL INGREDIENT||ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT||QUANTITY|
|Salt Packed anchovies||Anchovies in olive oil||4|
|Caciocavallo cheese||Provolone||2/3 cup|
2. Carefully cut each pepper in half, ensuring that the halves remain intact
3. Meanwhile, lightly toast the breadcrumbs in a pan over medium heat but do not brown
4. Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of basil
5. Add the grated Caciocavallo, capers, tomatoes and chopped anchovies
6. Mix with a drizzle of oil and stuff into pepper halves
7. Arrange peppers on a well-greased baking dish
8. Drizzle with a little more oil
9. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 400° F oven for 15 minutes
10. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes, drizzling with more oil (if necessary)
11. Serve warm or at room temperature