U.S. Ski Team member and reigning slalom World Champion Mikaela Shiffrin is one of the foremost figures in the world of skiing. Her steep ascent to the most elite level of women's alpine racing began in 2010 at the qualifying age of 15.
Since then, she has become the second youngest American to win a World Cup alpine event, and the first U.S. World Cup Champion in the slalom in 39 years. This past season, she tallied a total of four slalom wins and six overall podiums throughout her 2012-13 World Cup ski tour.
- Slalom World Champion - 2013, at age 18
- Gold - 2013 Slalom World Championships, Schladming, Aut
- Four Slalom Victories, Six podiums - 2013
- Longines Rising Star - 2013
- World Cup Rookie of the year - 2012