Layers of complex flavours, sure to get your tastebuds moving.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 350g Barilla Fettuccine
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana Sauce
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Italian pork sausages, skinned and cut into 1cm pieces
- 10 leaves of flat parsley, finely chopped
- 100g Gorgonzola dolce, 1 cm diced
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/3 cup of white wine, dry
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan bring plenty of water to the boil. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 per litre of water.
COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Barilla Fettuccine into the water and stir. Cook as per the instructions on the box.
PREPARE THE SAUCE
Meanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the leek and garlic and cook on a gentle heat, covered with a lid, until the leek is almost caramelized, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the sausages and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the Barilla Napoletana sauce and simmer for few minutes.
DRAIN THE PASTA
Drain the pasta two minutes before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of the cooking water. Toss pasta and cooking water in with the sauce. Allow to finish cooking in the pan.
Remove from the heat and add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and parsley. Stir well. Serve and garnish with pieces of Gorgonzola Dolce on top.