A delicious way to use your leftover Christmas Ham.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350g Barilla Fusilli
- 1 jar Barilla Ricotta sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g Christmas ham, cut in strips
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling add rock salt, we recommend 7 grams of rock salt per litre of water.
COOK THE MUSHROOMS
1. In a large fry pan, cook the onion and garlic in a little oil. Once golden, add the mushrooms, season and cook for 5 minutes.
ADD THE HAM
1. Add the Christmas ham and Ricotta sauce, bring to a simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
COOK THE PASTA
1. Add the Barilla Fusilli to boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the box. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
COMBINE AND SERVE
1. Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and cook for a further minute. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.