Mezze Maniche Rigate with Tuna and roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Il nascondiglio del tonno by Carolina Diaz
- 300gr Barilla Pasta Mezze Maniche Rigate
- 300gr San Marzano Tomatoes, peeled whole
- 50gr onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced + 1tbs minced garlic
- 250g red bell peppers
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 tbs
- 2 tbs salt
- 300g cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Sage leaves
- 50g White Vinegar
- 1 tbs Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 30g Squid Ink
- 350g Tuna loin, center cut, small dices 0,5x0,5in
- 1 tbs minced parsely
- 1 tbs Lemon zest
- 1 tbs chives
- 2 tbs Colatura
- 50g grated bottarga
- 50g Parsley oil
1 ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE1. Roast red bell peppers over open flame until charred. Once they are completely cooled peel completely.
2. Heat a pot on medium heat. Once it’s heated add oil, onion, garlic and sautee until translucent.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Puree in a blender until completely smooth.
2 TUNAToss all ingredients in a bowl: tuna loin, minced garlic, minced parsley, lemon zest, salt, extra virgin olive oil, chives, colatura.
3 TO ASSEMBLE DISH:1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. In the meantime heat roasted red pepper sauce in a pan. Add cooked pasta and toss together.
3. Add tuna to a plated mound of pasta.
4. Garnish with grated bottarga and drizzle parsley oil.