BARILLA PENNE RIGATE
WITH TUNA, CAPSICUM AND NAPOLETANA SAUCE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 350g Barilla Penne Rigate
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana sauce
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ¾ yellow capsicum, 1cm diced
- 2 small cans tuna, chunks in olive oil
- 1 punnet ripe truss tomatoes on the vine, quartered
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1 TO START
In a large fry pan, cook the onion and garlic in a little oil. Once golden, add chilli and capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
2 ADD THE SAUCE
Add the Barilla Napoletana sauce and one tin of tuna, and bring to a simmer.
3 COOK THE PASTA
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water. Drop the Penne Rigate into the water and stir. Cook as per the instructions on the box.
4 DRAIN THE PASTADrain the pasta two minutes before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water. Toss the pasta and cooking water in with the sauce, and add the fresh tomatoes.
5 COMBINE AND SERVEAdd the second tin of tuna and the chopped basil. Mix until well combined, then and serve immediately with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.