Try cooking risoni like a risotto, it's a quicker and delicious alternative.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 400g Barilla Risoni
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 400g mixed mushrooms (such as Swiss brown, button and flat mushrooms), sliced
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1L chicken stock
- 2 tbs truffle oil
- 2 tbs flat parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated or Brie or Taleggio cheese, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring chicken stock to the boil in a large saucepan and keep simmering.
COOK THE MUSHROOMSIn a large fry pan, heat the oil and butter and when hot, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until wilted and starting to brown.
ADD THE RISONIAdd the Barilla Risoni and stir for 2 minutes. Then add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
COOK LIKE A RISOTTOStart adding a ladle of stock at a time and stir as if you were cooking a risotto. Cook on a gentle heat and as the liquid is absorbed, add more stock. Repeat until the pasta is cooked.
COMBINE AND SERVEOnce cooked, remove from heat and stir in the truffle oil and parsley and season well with sea salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and serve topped with Parmigiano Reggiano, Brie or Taleggio cheese.