It's a family favourite and for good reason; delicious, hearty sauce and al dente strands of spaghetti, it's comfort in a bowl.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 500g Barilla Spaghetti No. 5
- 1 jar Barilla Bolognese sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g Italian pancetta, finely chopped
- 150g minced pork
- 150g minced veal
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 80g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
COOK THE BOLOGNESE SAUCEIn a large fry pan, cook the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and pancetta in a little oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the pork and veal and brown, making sure there are no lumps. Season, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the Barilla Bolognese sauce and bring to a simmer. Add bay leaves and rosemary and cook for 2-3 minutes.
COOK THE PASTADrop the Barilla Spaghetti into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
COMBINE AND SERVEDrain the pasta one minute before the suggested time and toss in with the sauce for a further minute. Remove from the heat, add Parmigiano Reggiano and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and serve.