- Gluten Free
Who knew there was Gluten Free pasta that tastes just like real pasta? Try Barilla's delicious Gluten Free Penne in this fresh, tasty dish.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla Gluten Free Penne Rigate
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rock salt, for pasta water
TO STARTPre-heat the oven to 200°C. Toss the cherry tomatoes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place on a baking tray and roast in the oven until blistered.
START THE SAUCE
Meanwhile, in a pan caramelise the onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Then add the roasted tomatoes.
COOK THE PASTA
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Toss the Penne together with the sauce and stir through with the cooking water to emulsify the sauce. Remove from the heat and add in the parsley, Pecorino and pine nuts.