- Gluten Free
Who knew there was Gluten Free pasta that tastes just like real pasta? Try Barilla's delicious Gluten Free Penne in this fresh, tasty dish.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 340g Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1 jar Barilla Basilico sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 250g Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ½ glass of dry white wine
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
START THE SAUCE
In a large fry pan, saute garlic with half of the olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage meat and thyme, and cook until browned. Pour in white wine to deglaze the pan, and allow the alcohol to evaporate
Add the Basilico sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
COOK THE PASTA
Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
DRAIN AND COMBINEDrain pasta and toss with the sauce and the cooking water, stirring to combine. Add the Pecorino Romano cheese and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.