- Gluten Free
Who knew there was Gluten Free pasta that tastes just like real pasta? Try Barilla's delicious Gluten Free Penne in this fresh, tasty dish.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 340g Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 300g ripe truss tomatoes, diced in 1cm cubes
- 20g baby capers
- 50g pitted black olives, halved
- 300g fresh tuna, diced in 1cm cubes
- 1 chilli, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and slices into 3cm long batons
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Rock salt, for cooking water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
To prepare the dressing, whisk the Extra Virgin Olive Oil together with fresh chilli, crushed garlic, mustard and lime juice. Season to taste and set aside.
BOIL THE WATER
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
PREP THE TOMATOES
Place the tomatoes and capers in a large bowl with the Pesto Genovese, ready for the cooked pasta to be tossed through.
MARINATE THE TUNA
In another bowl, cover the diced tuna with the dressing and leave to marinate for 5-7 minutes.
COOK THE PASTADrop the pasta in the water, stir, and cook according to the instructions on the box.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Once the pasta is ready, drain and toss in the bowl with the tomato Pesto mixture. Add the marinated tuna and cucumber batons and gently stir until the pasta is well coated. Finish with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.