WITH SILVER BEET, SWEET POTATO & MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE SAUCE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 box of Barilla Cannelloni
- 1 jar Barilla Mediterranean Vegetables sauce
- 800g fresh ricotta
- 120g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 egg, free range
- 350g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 silver beet bunches, cooked and finely chopped
- 20g unsalted butter, to grease oven tray
- 70mls Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1L milk
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g butter, unsalted
- 50g flour 00 or plain
1 TO START
Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 MAKE THE BECHAMEL
1. Add milk, bay leaf, onion, salt and pepper to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. In a separate saucepan gently melt the butter. Add flour and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Once milk is boiling, transfer a little at the time to the butter/flour mixture, whisking at all times to prevent lumps.
4. Bring to the boil and stir continuously. Simmer for 10 minutes and adjust seasoning if desired. Pass béchamel through a sieve before using.
3 PREPARE THE FILLINGIn a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese (save 100g to garnish), egg, mashed sweet potato, chopped silver beet, Parmigiano Reggiano and salt and pepper to taste. Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill the cannelloni.
4 PREPARE TO BAKE
Lightly grease the bottom of the baking tray, then place half of the béchamel and half of the Mediterranean Vegetables sauce and spread evenly. Place the cannelloni on top and then cover the cannelloni with the remaining béchamel and Mediterranean Vegetables sauce. Then add the remaining fresh ricotta, a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano and a drizzle of oil.
5 BAKE AND REST
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.