- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350g Barilla Casarecce
- 1 jar Barilla Ricotta sauce
- 2 Italian sausages, skin removed, broken apart
- ½ onion, diced 0.5cm cubes
- ½ leek, diced 0.5cm cubes
- 100g pumpkin, diced 0.5cm cubes
- 100g parsnip, diced 0.5cm cubes
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g salted ricotta, grated
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large saucepan filled with plenty of water to the boil. Once boiling add rock salt, we recommend 7 grams per litre of water. Drop Casarecce into the boiling water and cook as per the instructions on the box.
COOK THE VEGETABLES
Add oil to a hot fry pan, then add onions and leeks and cook for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and parsnips and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper as required. Add half a ladle of cooking water to the pan and allow the vegetables to simmer for 2 minutes.
ADD THE SAUSAGE
Add the sausage and cook through, then add the Ricotta sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
DRAIN THE PASTA
Drain the pasta two minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss with the sauce for a further minute. Add spinach and mix well for 30 seconds.
Serve with grated salted ricotta and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.