- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 500g Barilla Casarecce
- 1 jar Barilla Red Wine & Garlic sauce
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 60g onion, chopped
- 1 small fresh chilli, finely sliced
- 10 fresh oregano leaves
- 200g pancetta, 0.5cm cubes
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g tinned Cannellini beans
- 80g Parmigano Reggiano
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTTo start the sauce, pour half of the olive oil into a medium sized fry pan, add the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes.
COOK THE SAUCEAdd the onion, chilli and garlic and stir until golden brown. Then add the Barilla Red Wine & Garlic sauce and beans and simmer together for 5 minutes.
COOK THE PASTA
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water. Drop the Barilla Casarecce into the water and stir. Cook as per the instructions on the pack.
Drain the pasta 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time, saving 1 ladle of cooking water.
COMBINE & SERVE
Toss drained pasta, reserved cooking water into the sauce pan to continue cooking. Add the cherry tomatoes and Parmigano Reggiano and stir. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil.