This is a delicious dish that simple and quick to prepare, the broccoli and Chilli Pesto make it a real taste sensation.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 340g Barilla Orecchiette
- 1 jar Barilla Basil Chilli Pesto
- 200g witlof, cut in strips (if you cannot find witlof, radicchio will work just as well)
- 200g broccoli, cut into florets
- 80g red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rock salt, for cooking water
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
COOK THE PASTADrop the Orecchiette into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
PREPARE THE SAUCEHeat a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Sauté the onion then add the broccoli as well as a ladle of boiling water. Let them cook together for a few minutes. After a few minutes add the witlof and cook for a minute then take off the heat and add the Pesto. Set aside.
COMBINE AND SERVEToss the pasta together with the sauce and serve. If the sauce is too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water to emulsify the sauce.