- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Pappardelle
- 1 jar Barilla Red Wine & Garlic Sauce
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g lamb meat (leg or shoulder), cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 250g pumpkin, skin removed and sliced
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- 120g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In a large fry pan, heat a little oil then gently cook onions and garlic.
BROWN THE MEAT
Once golden, add the herbs and lamb. Brown the meat then add Barilla Red Wine & Garlic sauce and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
COOK THE VEGETABLES
Place the pumpkin on a plate and season with salt and olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Be careful of the steam when you take the plastic off. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
COOK THE PASTA
Meanwhile, in a large pot bring plenty of water to the boil. Once boiling add rock salt, we recommend 7 grams of salt per litre of water. Add the Pappardelle and leave for 2 minutes before stirring.
Drain the 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss together in the sauce, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring in the pumpkin and a drizzle of olive oil.