WITH SICILIAN CAPONATA, BAKED RICOTTA AND MINT
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Tagliatelle
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana Sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into batons
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm cubes
- 150g onion, cut into 0.5cm cubes
- 100g baked ricotta cheese
- 150ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 30g raisins, soaked in water
- 20 mint leaves
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt to taste
1 TO START
Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large pot. Once boiling add salt, we recommend 7g of salt per litre of water.
2 COOK THE EGGPLANT
In a large fry pan, heat ⅔ of the oil over a medium to high heat. Once hot, fry the eggplant until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
3 COOK THE VEGETABLES
Add onion and capsicum to the fry pan and cook for 3 minutes. Next add the celery, raisins and Napoletana sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
4 COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Tagliatelle into the boiling water, leave for 2 minutes before stirring, and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
Add the pasta and eggplant to the sauce, toss together, then combine with the mint and ricotta and stir for a further minute.
Serve the Tagliatelle with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil, topping with more ricotta cheese flakes, pine nuts and mint.