- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Tagliatelle
- 200g speck, cut into 0.5cm strips
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 200g red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 60g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 10g Montasio cheese, grated
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large pot. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
COOK THE APPLE
In a large fry pan, gently heat a little of the olive oil and saute the apple for 2 minutes. Remove the apple and keep aside.
FRY THE SPECK
Add the speck to the same fry pan and cook for 2 minutes, then add the onion and cabbage and cook for 3 more minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Tagliatelle into the boiling water, leave for 2 minutes before stirring. Cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water.
COMBINEAdd the pasta and cooking water to the fry pan, add the cheese, and toss together for a further minute.
Serve immediately, topped with the apple and walnuts.