WITH SPECK, RED CABBAGE, APPLE AND WALNUTS
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Tagliatelle
- 200g speck, cut into 0.5cm strips
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 200g red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 60g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 10g Montasio cheese, grated
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 TO START
Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large pot. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
2 COOK THE APPLE
In a large fry pan, gently heat a little of the olive oil and saute the apple for 2 minutes. Remove the apple and keep aside.
3 FRY THE SPECK
Add the speck to the same fry pan and cook for 2 minutes, then add the onion and cabbage and cook for 3 more minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
4 COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Tagliatelle into the boiling water, leave for 2 minutes before stirring. Cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water.
5 COMBINEAdd the pasta and cooking water to the fry pan, add the cheese, and toss together for a further minute.
Serve immediately, topped with the apple and walnuts.