There's nothing more comforting than a delicious Bolognese, especially when paired with silky egg tagliatelle pasta.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Pasta Tagliatelle
- 1 jar Barilla Bolognese sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 glass of good quality red wine
- 100g finely chopped Italian Pancetta
- 300g veal, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- 100g of baked ricotta, crumbled
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
COOK THE BOLOGNESE SAUCEIn a large fry pan, cook the onion, garlic, carrot and celery, together with Pancetta in a little oil. Once golden, add the veal and cook, making sure there are no lumps. Add wine and allow to evaporate. Add the Barilla Bolognese sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the bay leaves and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
COOK THE PASTAAdd the Barilla Egg Pasta Tagliatelle to plenty of salted boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the pack. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
COMBINE & SERVEToss the pasta with the sauce and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat, add the ricotta and serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.