WARM ORECCHIETTE PASTA SALAD
WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, ROCKET AND CELERY
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 500gr Barilla Orecchiette
- 4 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ bunch basil leaves, washed, torn
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls rocket, washed
- 100gr salted ricotta, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Rock salt, for cooking water
1 TO START
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling add salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
2 COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Orecchiette into the water, stir and cook according to the instructions on the box.
3 SEASON THE VEGETABLESIn a bowl, place the Extra Virgin Olive oil, basil, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, celery, and season to taste.
4 DRAIN THE PASTAOnce the pasta is cooked, drain and toss into the bowl with the vegetable mixture.
5 COMBINE AND SERVEAllow the pasta to absorb all juices, then add rocket and salted ricotta. Stir well to combine and serve immediately.