GREEN CHICKEN BOWL
WITH PESTO GENOVESE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 65g Barilla Pesto Genovese, plus extra to serve
- 125g podded frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved length ways
- 250g packet microwave rice and quinoa blend, warmed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250g punnet mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g baby spinach
- Micro herbs, to serve, optional
- Yoghurt, to serve
1 TO START
Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place the pesto in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pepitas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate.
2 COOK THE CHICKEN
Add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut the chicken into slices.
3 PREPARE THE VEGETABLES
Meanwhile, place edamame and broccolini in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
4 BUILD THE BOWLS
Divide rice mix among serving bowls. Top with the chicken, beans, broccolini, avocado, tomatoes and spinach. Sprinkle with the pepitas and micro herbs, if using. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and extra pesto.