- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 65g Barilla Pesto Genovese, plus extra to serve
- 125g podded frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved length ways
- 250g packet microwave rice and quinoa blend, warmed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250g punnet mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g baby spinach
- Micro herbs, to serve, optional
- Yoghurt, to serve
Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place the pesto in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pepitas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate.
COOK THE CHICKEN
Add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut the chicken into slices.
PREPARE THE VEGETABLES
Meanwhile, place edamame and broccolini in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
BUILD THE BOWLS
Divide rice mix among serving bowls. Top with the chicken, beans, broccolini, avocado, tomatoes and spinach. Sprinkle with the pepitas and micro herbs, if using. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and extra pesto.