STUFFED WITH CHICKEN AND ROCKET & BASIL PESTO
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 12 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 200g chicken mince
- 30g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 60ml cream
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ glass white wine
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 skewers
For the dressing and salad:
- 1 jar Barilla Rocket Pesto
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 baby Romaine lettuce
- ½ small red onion, cut in slice
1 TO STARTPreheat the oven to 200°C.
2 COOK THE MUSHROOMSCook the mushrooms in a fry pan with rosemary and olive oil. Season and add the wine, allow it to evaporate then cover with a lid and leave for 2 minutes.
3 MAKE THE STUFFINGMix the chicken, bacon, egg, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg together in a bowl. Remove the mushrooms from the fry pan and stuff with the mixture. Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on a baking tray and cook for 12 minutes.
4 MIX THE DRESSINGMix the Pesto, lemon juice and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to form a dressing. Toss the red onion and lettuce in the dressing and split between the 4 plates.
Carefully skewer three mushrooms and two tomato halves. Then place on the salad bed.