BARILLA WHOLE GRAIN PENNE RIGATE
WITH HEIRLOOM TOMATOES, PROVOLONE CHEESE AND PESTO GENOVESE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 375g Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate
- ½ jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet of heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 100g Provolone cheese, 1cm diced
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 TO START
In a large saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
2 COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the box.
3 PUT THE SALAD TOGETHER
In a large bowl, combine Extra Virgin Olive oil, spring onions, heirloom tomatoes, and celery. Season to taste.
4 DRAIN THE PASTA
Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested time, saving a ladle of cooking water. Toss pasta and cooking water in with the salad mix, stir and allow the pasta to finish cooking in the bowl. Once the pasta has absorbed all juices, add the Pesto Genovese, rocket and Provolone and stir well.
Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.