BARILLA WHOLE GRAIN PENNE RIGATE
WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, MUSHROOMS, PANCETTA AND OLIVE SAUCE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
This is a really delicious combination of flavours that is sure to become a family favourite.
- 350g Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate
- 1 jar Barilla Olive Sauce
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Italian pork sausages, 1cm diced
- 100g pancetta (Guanciale), cubed
- 100g swiss mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 80g Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add rock salt.
2 COOK THE PASTADrop the Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
3 COOK THE MEATMeanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the onion and pancetta and cook gently for 3 minutes, then mushrooms and sausage and cook for an extra 3 minutes. Finally add the white wine and allow it to evaporate.
4 ADD THE SAUCEAdd the Barilla Olive sauce and bring to a simmer.
5 COMBINE AND SERVEDrain the pasta a couple of minutes before the suggested time and toss it into the saucepan with ½ cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and a sprinkle of Grana Padano cheese on top.