This is a really delicious combination of flavours that is sure to become a family favourite.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350g Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate
- 1 jar Barilla Olive Sauce
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Italian pork sausages, 1cm diced
- 100g pancetta (Guanciale), cubed
- 100g swiss mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 80g Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add rock salt.
COOK THE PASTADrop the Barilla Whole Grain Penne Rigate into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
COOK THE MEATMeanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the onion and pancetta and cook gently for 3 minutes, then mushrooms and sausage and cook for an extra 3 minutes. Finally add the white wine and allow it to evaporate.
ADD THE SAUCEAdd the Barilla Olive sauce and bring to a simmer.
COMBINE AND SERVEDrain the pasta a couple of minutes before the suggested time and toss it into the saucepan with ½ cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and a sprinkle of Grana Padano cheese on top.