This is a fresh and zesty recipe; Wholegrain Spaghetti with citrus pesto. Made with 100% whole wheat, our Wholegrain Spaghetti is an excellent way for you to increase your fibre and wholegrain intake, without sacrificing taste.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients 2 Number of Servings
Ingredients for 2 people
- 160g Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 30g rocket, washed
- 1 orange, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 lemon, peeled & sliced
- 30g almonds
- 1 tsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- 1 tsp Pecorino, freshly grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
MAKE THE PESTOBlend orange and lemon segments together with the rocket. Add the almonds, Pecorino and Parmesan cheeses and a drizzle of olive oil. Blend to a smooth, pesto texture.
COOK THE PASTAOnce the water is boiling, cook the Wholegrain Spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack. Drain when cooked al dente.
COMBINE AND SERVECombine the pasta with the pesto. Garnish with fresh rocket and a sprinkle of cheese.