This is a simple and healthy dish, packed with flavour.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 350g Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1/2 jar Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 200g Tuna, tinned in oil or fresh
- 1/3 cup of capers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 glass white wine, dry
- 1tbs dried chilli or 1 small fresh chilli
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
COOK THE PASTADrop the Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
COOK THE TUNAMeanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the red onion and gently cook for 3 minutes until almost caramelised. At this stage, add the garlic and chilli and cook for further 2 minutes. Add the tuna and capers and cook for 2 minutes, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
COMBINE AND SERVEDrain the pasta one minute before the suggested time and toss it into the sauce with ½ cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.