BARILLA WHOLE GRAIN SPAGHETTI
WITH RED ONION, TUNA, CAPERS AND SUNDRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
This is a simple and healthy dish, packed with flavour.
- 350g Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1/2 jar Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 200g Tuna, tinned in oil or fresh
- 1/3 cup of capers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 glass white wine, dry
- 1tbs dried chilli or 1 small fresh chilli
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 TO STARTBring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt.
2 COOK THE PASTADrop the Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
3 COOK THE TUNAMeanwhile, in a large fry pan, heat a little oil. When hot, add the red onion and gently cook for 3 minutes until almost caramelised. At this stage, add the garlic and chilli and cook for further 2 minutes. Add the tuna and capers and cook for 2 minutes, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
4 COMBINE AND SERVEDrain the pasta one minute before the suggested time and toss it into the sauce with ½ cup of cooking water to allow the pasta to finish cooking in the pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the Barilla Sundried Tomato Pesto. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.