A delicious seafood pasta.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 340g Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry chilli
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 fresh scallops, quartered
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Rock salt, for water
- Sea salt, to taste
TO STARTBring plenty of water to the boil in a large saucepan. Once boiling, add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water.
START THE SAUCEHeat oil in a large fry pan, add garlic and chilli, cook until golden. Add the scallops and asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Cook for a further few minutes, and add one small ladle of boiling water.
COOK THE PASTADrop the pasta into the water and stir. Cook as per the instructions on the pack. Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested cooking time.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Toss the pasta and cherry tomatoes in with the scallops and asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir through the Pesto Genovese. Combine well and serve.