Contest Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Barilla® “TIFF Movie Premiere Tickets” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Ontario, Canada, residing within the Greater Toronto Area who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Barilla Canada, Inc. (“Barilla”), its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. This promotion is one of consideration (i.e. set qualifiers for eligible parties and prize, not chance). Barilla reserves the right to select entrant submissions for prize consideration based on set qualifiers. Qualifiers include: the submission of a comment detailing what TIFF movie entrant would want to see, in addition to following Barilla Canada on Instagram. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Barilla Canada, Inc., 140 Allstate Parkway, Unit 200, Markham, ON, Canada, L3R 5Y8
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 23, 2019 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion is active for a four (4) day period, as outlined in the chart below:
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by entrants submitting a comment on the contest post on Instagram. To enter via Instagram, log into your Instagram account using any device during the Promotion Period. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, including i) explaining which TIFF movie entrant wants to use the tickets for in the comment section on the contest post, and ii) by following @Barillacanada on Instagram. To be eligible to earn an entry, your Instagram account must be set to public and not private. Entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into theSweepstakes. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor, sponsor affiliates, agencies, and/or partners. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one free of charge at www.instagram.com on your computer, tablet or mobile device or through the Instagram mobile application on your tablet or mobile device.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time per Instagram account during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to enter through the same Instagram account. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. All entries and materials associated with your entry must be in accordance with the applicable terms, rules, policies, and guidelines of Instagram.
5. Drawings: All decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries during the applicable Promotion Period on or around the dates listed in Section 3 above. The potential winners will be notified by Instagram direct message. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to respond within three (3) business days of the initial Instagram direct message notification of winning, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held per prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled immediately within one (1) week after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Promotion Period Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET) End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET) Approximate Drawing Date
4 Day Period August 23, 2019 August 26, 2019
Up to one (1) day within contest closing
• THREE (3) sets of TWO (2) Toronto International Film Festival Premium Movie Screening Tickets and 10 boxes of Barilla® Blue Box pasta. Totality of Prizes varies in price but ranges from $26 CAD to $83 CAD per movie ticket and approximately $30 CAD for the pasta.
The retail value of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the value is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Primary winners will receive a set of two (2) Toronto International Film Festival Premium Movie Screening Tickets, appropriate for use at the Toronto International Film Festival, which takes place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada between September 5 – 15, 2019, as well as ten (10) boxes of Barilla Blue Box pasta Other than the limited warranties that Sponsor may provide in respect of products of Barilla, the prizes are provided by Sponsor "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, including warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
For Prize: No cash equivalent. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurateentry, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
9. Disputes: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF LEGAL ACTION, AND (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether in Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Ontario.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of Winners names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Barilla (Canada), 140 Allstate Parkway, Unit 200, Markham, ON, Canada, L3R 5Y8. Requests must be received no later than [November 30th, 2019, at 11:59 p.m., ET].
12. Social Media: The Sweepstakes hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
13. By submitting an entry, you, theparticipant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of these Official Rules.
© 2019 Barilla ®. All rights reserved.