1. CONTROLLER AND JOINT CONTROLLERS
Barilla is the Controller of the Data collected via this Website using cookies; solely in relation to Facebook Business Tools, such as the Insight button that re-directs to the Facebook page, Barilla and Facebook Ireland Limited, with registered offices at 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland, act as Joint Controllers under a specific Joint Controllers Agreement to measure the level of interaction among the websites visited freely by Data Subjects and deliver targeted advertising to them.
2. DATA: COOKIES
3. HOW TO CHECK AND DELETE COOKIES
Explicit consent is not required for technical and performance cookies, since they are necessary.
On your first visit, or after having cleared the cache of the browser, you will be shown the cookie banner that enables you to:
- Accept the functional and profiling cookies by clicking on the “Accept cookies” button,
Subsequently, you may revoke and/or amend your consents whenever you wish, by clearing the cache or visiting the settings panel via the “Manage” link found in the footer of the Website.
- Google Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), via cookies. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Website will be sent to a Google server and stored there. Google will use that information to analyze your use of the Website, prepare Website activity reports and provide additional services to the Website administrator linked to usage of the Website and the Internet. Google will not associate the IP address sent by your browser in the context of Google Analytics with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies and change the software settings of your browser by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, however this might cause the Website functions to become less responsive to your preferences. You can obtain information about the processing of data by Google Analytics at the following address: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
For more information about anonymized Google cookies, please follow this link https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052
4. NATURE OF THE PROVISION OF DATA
5. RETENTION OF DATA
The Data will be retained for the period specified for each of the categories of cookie activated, so reference is made here to the tables that contain the related retention times.
In particular, technical cookies and anonymized performance cookies with limited identification powers are always active and cannot be disabled. Accordingly, when technical and performance cookies expire, they will be automatically replaced with new cookies.
6. SCOPE OF PROCESSING, COMMUNICATION, DISSEMINATION
Data is processed by Barilla personnel appointed as Processors or Persons tasked with processing. The Data collected for the indicated purposes may also be processed by third parties specifically appointed as Processors or, depending on the circumstances, communicated to them as independent controllers. In particular, Data will be communicated to: i) companies belonging to the Barilla group for the purposes specified above; ii) companies, entities, associations that provide services related to and needed for browsing of the Website by Data Subjects; iii) public administrations for the performance of their institutional functions, within the limits established by law and the regulations.
In addition, the Data may be made available, communicated and transferred to Public Bodies, Judicial Authorities or the Police for processing as independent controllers, in response to requests for information or when expressly required under a legal obligation.
7. REDIRECT TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
The Barilla Website uses special tools that embed social network functionality directly within the Website (e.g. the “Insight” function provided by Facebook). Page Insights are aggregated statistics created from certain events recorded on Facebook servers when persons interact with the Pages and their content. These events consist of data, such as that indicated below, which varies depending on the specified event:
When visiting a page on our Website and using Facebook Products (including “Pages”), the browser sends the corresponding information e.g. IP address, operating system, browser type, language settings, cookie data, directly to the social network platform (Facebook in this case) for storage there.
8. TRANSFER OUTSIDE OF THE EU
The Controller may transfer the Data outside of the European Union. For this purpose, pursuant to the Privacy Regulations the Controller will assess the impact of the data transfers and, where applicable, activate the most appropriate guarantees (e.g. obtain adequacy decisions or apply standard contractual clauses).
For information about the transfer of personal data collected using third-party cookies, please refer to the privacy policies of each third party, which are available on their websites. The list of third parties is available by clicking on “Manage”.
9. HOW TO MANUALLY ENABLE OR DISABLE THE COOKIES ON YOUR BROWSER
Data Subjects may authorize the use of functional and profiling cookies by clicking on the “Accept cookies” button embedded in the banner, or choose which functional and profiling cookies to accept by clicking on “Manage”, which links to the list of third parties.
You can disable cookies manually at any time by changing the settings of your browser, as follows:
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
• Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
• Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
If you use a Web browser not listed above, please refer to the documentation or on-line guide for that browser in order to obtain additional information. In addition, please note that the Controller is merely a technical intermediary for the links provided in this document and cannot accept responsibility for any changes that are made.
10. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
In relation to the processing of Data collected via cookies, Data Subjects may exercise the rights envisaged in the GDPR (arts. 15-22), including:
• receive confirmation that the Data exists and obtain access to it (right to access);
• update, amend and/or correct the Data (right to rectify);
• request the erasure or restrictions on the processing of any Data processed in violation of the law, including Data whose retention is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed (right to be forgotten and right to restrict);
• object to processing (right to object);
• revoke consent, if given, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on the consent given prior to such revocation, via the “Manage” link;
• file complaints with the Supervisory Authority in the event of violation of the data protection regulations;
• receive copies in an electronic format of their personal data provided in the context of the processing and request that such Data be transmitted to another controller (right to the portability of data).
The Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) of the Barilla Group, domiciled at the registered offices of Barilla G. e R. F.lli S.p.A., Via Mantova 166 – 43122 Parma, can be contacted at the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Last revision date: 28/10/2021