Chef Lorenzo Boni gives an elegant twist to the viral TikTok baked feta pasta recipe. He added ingredients like chopped pistachios, zucchini, lemon and plenty of fresh herbs, making it aromatic and flavourful.
Ingredients 8 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium size zucchini, small diced
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices lemon, 1/8th inch thick
- 8 ounces feta cheese, (1 block)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 15 leaves fresh basil, torn
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Place zucchini, tomatoes, lemon, and oregano in a baking dish, season with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place feta right in the center, bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. One minute before pasta is ready add ½-cup cooking water to freshly baked feta, and with a spoon smash the cheese.
- Drain pasta then mix well with veggies. Stir in basil, drizzle with remaining oil and combine well again.
- Top with pistachios before serving.