- High Protein
Looking for an indulgent lasagne recipe with perfectly al dente Barilla pasta? This Barilla Lasagne with Bolognese Sauce has your name all over it! The authentic pasta sauce is slow cooked to excellence, then layered with Barilla Lasagne and a rich béchamel.
Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Lasagne pasta
4 oz (114 g) ground pork
4 oz (114 g) ground beef
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup dry red wine
Salt and pepper to taste Water (about 1 cup) as needed
5 1/2 tbsp butter
5 tbsp flour
6 cups milk
Salt and nutmeg to taste
2 tbsp butter
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté minced onion, carrot and celery until golden.
- Add ground meat and cook over high heat until brown and cooked through. Pour in red wine, season with salt and pepper; reduce until dry, lower the heat and stir in tomato paste and water. Cook over low heat for about 40 minutes, adding spoonfuls of warm water, if too thick.
- Prepare Bechamel sauce by melting butter in a saucepan. Stir in sifted flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute, add milk in a steady stream and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, season with salt and nutmeg. Cook for a few more minutes until thick.
- In a buttered ovenproof baking dish, pour a layer of Bolognese sauce with grated Parmigiano, then arrange a layer of Barilla Lasagne pasta to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Make a layer of Béchamel and a layer of meat sauce with Parmigiano, continue this process, alternating pasta and sauce, and finish with a layer of pasta. Cover with remaining Béchamel sauce and pats of butter.
- Cook in an oven for 30 minutes or until the surface is golden crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 18-22 minutes before serving.