If you like your lasagne with some extra nutrition, this Barilla Lasagne with Fresh Vegetables is for you! This recipe is a healthy meal idea full of zucchini, asparagus, tomato, and broccoli making it THE go-to vegetarian dinner idea.
Ingredients 5 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Lasagne pasta
2 cups zucchini
3 cups asparagus
1 pint cherry tomato
3 cups broccoli florets
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
4 1/2 cups milk
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut zucchini, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add vegetables and cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Saute until they are cooked but still crunchy.
- For the bechamel sauce, bring milk to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate saucepan.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and cook for 3 minutes, until golden yellow and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Stir the boiling milk into the butter and flour mixture; whisk and cook continuously for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Parmigiano cheese, reserving some for the top of the Lasagne.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Assemble the Lasagne beginning with a layer of béchamel sauce, followed by a sheet of Lasagne and a layer of vegetables.
- Continue layering for a total of 4 layers, and sprinkle top layer with reserved Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes before serving.