with Ground Beef and Tomato sauce
- High Protein
Made with mozzarella cheese and a cook time of only 30 minutes, this Barilla Lasagne with Ground Beef and Tomato Sauce is a hearty, protein-packed main dish that will be requested time and time again.
Ingredients 5 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Lasagne pasta
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb (454g) ground beef
2 jars traditional sauce
2 cups mozzarella shredded, divided
Salt and black pepper to taste
8 fresh basil leaves, julienne
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté ground beef in olive oil until browned and crumbled.
- Add sauce and 2 cups (500 mL) of water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a greased "13 x 9" baking dish pour in 1 ½ (375 mL) cups of the meat sauce, top with 3 sheets of Barilla Lasagne pasta.
- The sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish.
- Top the next layer with 1 ½ cups of meat sauce, 4 ounces of cheese and some basil.
- Continue the same procedure for 3 more layers, but do not put cheese on the top layer.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, remove the foil and top with the remaining cheese, place back into the oven and let it melt.
- Once the Lasagne is out of the oven, top with basil then let it rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.