- Non Vegetarian
Paella, please! This Barilla Orzo Duck Lentil Paella recipe is rich in nutrients, and full of colour and flavour, making it the perfect dish for a nutritious weekday lunch or a premium at-home dinner.
- TOTAL FAT
Ingredients 8 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla Orzo
- 1 pound prepared duck confit
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 4 saffron threads
- 5 cups chicken broth, no sodium
- 1 16-ounce can lentils, drained
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree*
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Pick duck meat off bones and remove skin, roughly shred and set aside.
Quarter whole tomatoes.
In large saucepan bring broth and saffron to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Remove from heat and stir in duck, lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted garlic puree, salt and pepper.
Place mixture in paella pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Before serving sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme.
*To make roasted garlic puree: Place ½ cup peeled garlic cloves on a piece of foil drizzle with olive oil, wrap and bake at 400° F for 30 minutes or until soft. Place cooked garlic on a cutting board and drag the side of a chef’s knife back and forth across the garlic until it forms a paste.