Orzo pudding is a sweet dessert pasta surprise made with milk, almonds, Amaretto, and premium quality Barilla Orzo. Quick and easy to make, and sure to please the whole family.
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 cup Barilla Orzo pasta, uncooked
3 1/2 cups milk
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp Amaretto di Saronno liquor
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Sliced peaches to top it off
- Heat orzo and milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
Once simmering, reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally for 10 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk, egg, sugar and salt.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the orzo mixture and heat over medium-low stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in Amaretto liquor and almond extract, mix well. Top with sliced peaches and toasted almonds.
- Can be served warm or chilled.