Ingredients for 6 people
- COMBINE in a 4-6 quart slow cooker, the water, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, chicken and water.
- COOK on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is tender and falling apart.
- REMOVE the chicken from the soup and let it cool down. When the chicken is cool, shred into bite size pieces then add it back to the soup.
- REMOVE the bay leaf and add the spinach, cherry tomatoes and pasta then stir well.
- SEASON with salt and pepper and cover, then cook the pasta for approximately another 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- TO SERVE ladle the soup into bowls, top with some grated cheese and a drizzle of fresh olive oil.