Simple and easy: You only need six ingredients to achieve perfection with this recipe for Barilla Orzo with White Truffles. Most commonly found in Northern Italy, white truffles have a unique, garlicky flavour that can elevate any lunch or dinner recipe into a gourmet, premium meal.
Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
- 1 cup Barilla Orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Melt half of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Stir in Orzo pasta and cook 1 minute. Add wine and allow wine to evaporate (approximately 2 minutes). Slowly add chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes or until Orzo is tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining butter and Parmigiano cheese. Season to taste with salt and top with thinly shaved truffles.
- Serve immediately.