- High Protein
We're getting all the cozy, comforted feels with this Barilla Pennette Rigate Pasta Bake with Mozzarella Cheese, Bacon and Mushroom Sauce. It's the perfect fall recipe and can serve up to 8 people--making it the perfect recipe to serve a big group, or to enjoy for leftovers.
Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
1 small chopped yellow onion
1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
12 oz bacon, julienne
35 oz of marinara sauce
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook Barilla Pennette Rigate pasta for 5 minutes.
- Heat bacon and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat, add mushrooms, brown for five minutes over high heat.
- Stir in marinara sauce and reduce heat to medium low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir sauce mixture and Parmigiano cheese to pasta.
- Pour into greased 13" x 9" baking dish; cover and bake 20 minutes then uncover.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over pasta; continue baking 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.